Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Word of Advice

Don't know where to begin? What makes you the angriest when you watch the news? Which topic do you hear politicians discussing and think to yourself, "What freaking world do YOU live in???" Start there.

The reason I say this is if you are waiting until the Senate/House is voting on a bill (or until it has come to the Presidents desk awaiting a signature or a veto) to call and tell them which way you think they should go, then you are closing the barn door after the horse has gotten out. You have let others shape the debate. And I will guarantee you, your representative already knew which way he/she was voting before you bothered with your 11th hour phone call.

The phone calls are a part of it but only one part, actually following an issue is what takes time. But hey, you can take a couple minutes away from facebooking to click a few links and read, right? If the topic is dear to your heart then it will be worth the effort.



DISCLAIMER: At this point I have only told my mother and husband that I've even started this blog. Who knows if anyone will ever read it, or what level of experience any future readers may have. I might be talking down to my imaginary masses, and if that is the case then I appologize.