Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Here's an idea...


You know how you are loathe to even get involved in politics because it leaves you feeling dirty? Disgusted by the back-biting, greed, and constant disappointments? Here's an idea! BE NICE. Reward someone for doing something you appreciate. Let them know you support them in their actions and appreciate them keeping firm on policy decisions you agree with as well.


I know, I know... you want to know "where's the snark?" Is she being serious? I hardly have enough time to call a bitch about the things I hate! Well, to you I say that is okay to BE NICE.




“We have compromised enough, and we are not going to compromise on any kind of trigger game,” Woolsey said she told Emanuel. “People clapped all over the place. We mean it, and not just progressives.”


So today I contacted Lynne Woolsey's office and asked them to please thank Rep. Woolsey for me. I also added that, "as an American, I appreciate her being such a vocal advocate for the public option. I agree that this most effective way to provide care for her constituents for the least amount of cost to our country."


Maybe you don't think we should have a public option. Maybe you want to contact her to tell her that she is wrong and she sucks. But if you agree with her, maybe drop her an email. Or your representative, to let he/she know how you feel about what Rep. Woolsey said. Or your local paper. Or your husband.


Get involved.
UPDATE: LOL! SEE - looks like I wasn't the only progressive feeling charitable today!