Saturday, July 4, 2009

Staycation vs. Vacation

I have been on "staycation" all week, and (as a parent of 1 & 3 -year-olds) have not had ten straight minutes to peruse the interwebs in what feels like forever... for those of you unfamiliar with the "staycation", let me sum up. It's like a vacation in that you do not go to work, but that is pretty much the beginning and the end of all similarities. Unlike a vacation, on "staycation" you:

1. don't go anywhere exotic (no, Warren Ohio is not exotic. quit it.)
2. actually have more work and stress than you would have if you'dve just worked
3. end up not even liking your family anymore by the end

To be fair, that last one happens sometime with vacation to but usually you are distracted enough by the new, exotic surroundings. I was only able to distract myself with fussy kids all off their schedules and mounting piles of dishes I could not get to by the aforementioned fussy kids.

So as I was saying... I haven't been able to read any news, blogs, or even watch my beloved Charlie Gibson in time out of mind! And most distressing of all - SARAH FREAKIN' PALIN got to resign completely under my radar and I had to learn third hand from my cousins twitterberry!

It's a cruel, cruel summer...